More details about PhD research topics and scholarship information can be found via Research Supervisor Profile at The University of Sydney [Link].
Postgraduate Research Scholarships
PhD scholarships for domestic and international students include all tuition fees for the duration of the project and nearly $26,000/year for living expenses. The list of available scholarships is available here (for international students please see this page), but please contact us first. Note that The University of Sydney also requires the evidence of a high standard of spoken and written English as a condition of acceptance.
The University of Sydney also runs Cotutelle and joint-PhD programs, which allows PhD students to be affiliated with The University of Sydney and another university outside Australia.
For current PhD students outside Australia in the relevant research fields, there will be funding available for short visits from 3 to 6 months.
Topics for PhD / MPhil projects:
- Geothermal foundations
- Micromechanics of unsaturated granular materials
- Mechanics of healing and self-healing in soils
- Contact mechanics of rough interfaces
- Mechanics of energy materials
Topics for thesis students (Honour / Engineering / Master by course):
- Printable density gradient foams: static and dynamic properties.
- Crack patterns formation in drying soils.
- Wrinkling patterns in defected thin films.